Rachel Whisenant serves as chief of staff for the Institute, where she works closely with the Director in managing day-to-day office activities, including oversight of administrative staff and directing logistical activities to promote program success and the Director’s strategic vision. She also oversees the coordination, logistical planning and implementation of IIAD events and manages special projects.
Whisenant holds a Bachelor of Social Work from the University of Mary Hardin-Baylor and has served at IIAD since 2009. She brings extensive experience and training in project and organizational management, executive level support and financial management.
As chief of staff at IIAD, Whisenant also:
- Facilitates external communication with project partners, including international, federal, state, and industry officials.
- Assists in monitoring agency compliance with rules and procedures.
- Recommends and assists in implementing changes to enhance and strengthen existing programs.
- Coordinates strategic and responsive requests for programmatic information.
- Maintains and oversees filing systems and protocols for project management task lists and databases.