Program Leader(s): Joe W. Mask, Ph.D.
Strategic Plan Alignment: Science Education
For more information on this program, including the curriculum plans, or to download informational brochures, visit aevm.tamu.edu/4-h-veterinary-science.
The preparatory training for the veterinary assistant provides students with the knowledge, motivation, and skills necessary to pursue their educational and career goals. The program is open to students at participating high schools, 4-H programs and as an independent self-study program.
Features and benefits
- Provides students with the knowledge, motivation, and skills necessary to pursue their educational and career goals.
- Offers a sound platform for students who wish to pursue an associate, undergraduate, graduate, or professional degree in veterinary sciences.
- Open to students at participating high schools, 4-H programs, and also as an independent self-study program.
- Designed for eventual use at three levels: youth organizations (such as 4-H and FFA), high schools, and community colleges.
- Ranks among the largest sets of resources available to students and teachers who wish to enter the paraprofessional realm.
- Textbook curriculum, guides and teacher keys
- eBook curriculum, guides and teacher keys
- Online products: teacher resources, teacher assisted independent study and continuing education
- Skills and competency videos
- Lunch and Learn: A monthly 30 minute webinar designed for Agents, 4-H Leaders, Ag Science Teachers and others interested in implementing or using the curriculum
- VSCP Career Day: Held in the spring of each year, the VSCP Career Day offers two different days on first-come first-serve basis. Please contact Joe Mask, Ph.D., for availability.
- Veterinary Science Summer Camp: These camps are designed for Texas 4-H members actively engaged in a Texas 4-H Veterinary Science project.
- Veterinary Science Teacher Training Workshop: These workshops are held nation-wide for Agricultural Science Teachers using the VSCP curriculum. Workshops are scheduled through Joe W. Mask, Ph.D.
- Veterinary Science Extension Educator Training Workshop: These workshops are held for County Extension Agents and Volunteers wanting to offer the VSCP in their county. Workshops are scheduled through Joe W. Mask, Ph.D.