Providing biological countermeasures to better protect animal agriculture, public health and the economy.
Through its biological research portfolio, IIAD performs cutting edge research that enhances knowledge and provides state-of-the-art capacity for the identification, control, response, and eradication of transboundary, emerging and/or zoonotic diseases of agricultural and public health significance. It does this by developing screening tools, diagnostics and vaccines. The Institute also develops universal sample preparation/preservation.
- Vaccine Projects
- Vaccine Tools
- Diagnostic Projects
- Diagnostic Tools
- Development of Monoclonal Antibodies to Foot and Mouth Disease virus Structural Proteins
- Universal Sample Preparation Tool for Bulk Milk Tank Monitoring
- Agricultural Screening Tools
- Optimization and Validation of A Real-Time RT-PCR Assay For Rapid Detection of FMDv for Use in Bulk Tank Milk Samples
- Development of a Mutiplex RT-qPCR Assay for Surveillance of Foreign Animal Diseases During Routine Testing of Oral Fluid Samples
- Development of a Prototype, Performance and Evaluation, and Validation and Transition of a 3ABC Foot and Mouth Disease virus Competitive Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay Kit
- The Matrix-Chaperone: Ambient Temperature Biospecimen Collection, Transport, and Banking for Simplified Animal Disease Screening